Many budget-conscious Hinsdale motorists who need a reliable vehicle can’t even consider buying a new one. So they are forced to take their chances with a used one. If you are in this situation, how can you find a vehicle that is going to serve you well for many years to come? JMS Auto Service, Inc. presents five tips for used car buyers:
1. Ask for service records. Most owners who document regular maintenance service take care of their auto.
2. Inspect the vehicle thoroughly. Check for uneven tire wear, alignment problems, suspension issues, strange sounds and funky odors.
3. If everything checks out up to this point, bring it to JMS Auto Service, Inc. for a thorough used car inspection. Your honest JMS Auto Service, Inc. technician can give you a heads up on any pressing issues or emerging problems that will need to be addressed eventually. If the seller won’t let you do this before you buy, move on.
4. Buy a CarFax report. This will show any major collisions and title status concerns including whether it is a salvaged vehicle. You don’t want a car that was underwater for a week after Hurricane Sandy.
5. After you buy, stay on top of regular maintenance (and save the records). JMS Auto Service, Inc. will help keep your car running well and you will enjoy not having a car payment.